Friday, February 22, 2008

Gathering Various Info - Machine Shop ...

I've been asking a lot of questions on a lot of Jeep and MV (that's Military Vehicle) boards to try to learn as I go along.  One of the things I've found is a recommended Machine Shop.  Here's a quote:

"The machine shop I was referred to is "Will's Automotive Machine Shop" in Chamblee just off Chamblee-Dunwoody Road and Buford Highway.

They have been in business for 30+ years and it is a father / son business. Not only did they do an outstanding job on my cylinder head, they bead blasted my intake and exhaust manifolds and also turned around my valve cover and oil pan in no time.  They have been extremely honest and reliable and have been very helpful in assessing the condition of my engine.

I was hoping to only have to recondition the top half of my engine, but after guiding me through pulling a rod bearing, pistion and a main bearing for their inspection, they took the time to inspect everything share the details of my original - untouched 258.  Had I not had a broken second ring, I might have gotten away with not doing anything but new rings and bearings. But, do to the second ridge on the cylinder wall and the fact that I plan on keeping the Jeep for years to come, I am going ahead having them go through it ... bore it, match new pistons and rings, bearings, etc. 

They have been very reasonable and great to deal with.  Plus, the Dad (Will) is the original owner of a 1973 CJ5 with only 32K original miles that is still running strong! It doesn't hurt that they are Jeep lovers too!"

Here's the contact info ...

Will's Auto Machine Shop Inc

3149 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd Atlanta, Georgia 30341

Phone: (770) 451-4081

It's always good to pass along good places like this!

On another note, some of my parts came in, so I should be able to be busy this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment