Monday, March 17, 2008

Frame Blasting

One of the best un-intended benefits I've found with this project is meeting really nice people.  Take tonight for instance.  I found the Culver Brothers from a Google search, and called Joe Culver about blasting my frame for me so I can get it painted.  I just stopped by this evening to drop my frame off at Joe's place, and not only is he a really nice guy, he's big into building and racing a drag car.  He gave me the quick tour and his car is incredible.  Check out his web site.

Anyways, Joe does blasting - both outside for larger stuff and in-cabinet for smaller stuff, although his cabinet is a big one ... 8ft long.  I pick up my frame tomorrow and then take it directly over to the body shop my friend owns to get it primed and painted.  The frame should be done by the end of the week.

No, I have not yet gotten to the axle.  The War Dept. had me doing some spring cleaning activities around the house this past weekend, so I didn't get to it.  Soon, I promise myself.  I have all of the parts (I think) to get started, got my shipment from John at Midwest Military.

On a totally different topic, I am seriously investigating doing some of my own powder coating.  If I can find the right color of powder, I think I will try it on some of the smaller parts.  It seems to be pretty easy, cheap, and very durable.  More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment