Saturday, January 19, 2008

Frame Re-building

Well, there's not much to a frame, but I don't want to have to take this Jeep apart again, so I am trying to figure out the best way to strip all of the old paint and rust off of it, and also get it straightened. I think I mentioned previously that the frame had a 1 or 2" twist in it. It looks like it got the twist when the Jeep was either rear-ended, or someone backed into something, denting the tub and raising the right rear corner. It's not bad, and shouldn't be a big deal to fix (you wouldn't know it unless you looked close).

There has been a decent discussion on stripping rust and paint over on the Willys M Jeeps site:
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1995

I have a friend who is planning to help me out with either the chemical route or the media blasting. I'll keep y'all up to date. In the meantime, have fun in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment